The Data Analytics Committee’s role is to raise awareness on analytics skills that will be in demand in the future and share knowledge on applications of analytical practices and data technologies among SAS members and practice committees.
What We Do
The Committee's objectives and responsibilities
Raise awareness on analytics skills that are currently in demand.
Share knowledge on applications of analytical practices and data technologies among SAS members and practice committees.
Who We Are
Wei Chyin TAN, Chair
Saliya JINADASA, Deputy Chair
What We Are Working On
Education Sub-Committee to help members to upgrade their analytical/programming skills by way of conducting machine learning courses, workshops, sharing relevant webinars, online courses and research papers.
Project/Kaggle/Publications Sub-Committee to provide opportunities for members to gain practical experience in advanced predictive modelling techniques and data analytics.
Networking/Conference taskforce to network with institutions, other actuarial societies, academia and corporate innovation labs etc. with the objective of gaining access to relevant speakers, teachers, volunteers and experts who can support our Committee to achieve its objectives and help other SAS committees with their initiatives relevant to analytics.
To find out more about the programmes that the Data Analytics Committee organises, check out the SAS GitHub Repository as well as past Kaggle challenges and reports below!
- GitHub repository
- Asia Actuarial Analytics Challenge 2016
- Asia Actuarial Analytics Challenge 2017
- Data Analytics Committee Annual Report 2015
- Data Analytics Committee Annual Report 2016
- Data Analytics Committee Annual Report 2017
- Data Analytics Committee Annual Report 2018
- Research Note by Big Data Working Party - Predictive Analytics in Marketing
- Machine Learning with Python Introductory Course 2018
- Data Analytics Committee Annual Report 2019
- Data Analytics Committee Annual Report 2020