The ECC is a melting pot of professionals from various disciplines and student representatives from universities in Singapore.
What We Do
The ECC is a melting pot of professionals from various disciplines and student representatives from universities in Singapore, allowing us to leverage on our network and knowledge to achieve our aims of:
- Providing avenues such as workshops and forums through skillsets identification, allowing actuaries to gain value-added skills and knowledge, increasing their value and relevance in respective organisations
- Providing a platform with the vision of bridging the gap between students and the actuarial industry, increasing standards and retention of new actuaries through better alignment of the understanding and expectations of the profession
Who We Are
The ECC is powered by the thankless efforts of our volunteers:
ZHOU Erjie, Chair
TOH Yun Ying, Afternoon Forum Chair
LEOW Chin Han, Career Fair Chair
TAN Yong Jia Glenn
GOH Jing Rong
Andre TAY Wei Xuan
The ECC strives to bring the most relevant topics to the table for members to up-skill and learn about happenings in the industry through our afternoon forums.
Clear communication with stakeholders is such a key aspect of our function as an actuary; there can never be enough platforms to hone these skills! The ECC had organized a series of workshops focusing on our soft skills as actuaries across all levels.
- Afternoon Forums
- Speaker’s & Influencers
As an actuarial undergraduate in Singapore, there are plenty of opportunities for you to showcase yourself.
- February: Actuarial Career Fair in February
- March: Case Competition organized by NBS Actuarial Science Club
- October: Actuarial Networking Night organised by NBS Actuarial Science Club
Besides these events, you could also join us at our Conferences and Social Events!
Check out these study tips from Glenn: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/essay-based-actuarial-examinations-part-i-studying-techniques-tan/
Prospective Actuarial Students
To learn more about the profession, ECC has prepared this booklet for students interested in pursuing an actuarial career.
Connect with us @ firstname.lastname@example.org