Date & Time
Maximum Qualifying Hours
The Social Committee of Singapore Actuarial Society would like to invite you to be part of this exclusive social event: Virtual Reality - Oculus on the 17th June (Friday) 7.00pm to 9.00pm.
Oculus Quest 2 is a virtual reality headset developed by Facebook Reality Labs. All SAS Members are cordially invited to an evening of an amazing Virtual Reality experience of your team vs team challenge!
Members of SAS can participate FREE! There will be prizes for the top 3 winning teams!
Please find the details below:
Pre-Briefing + Collection of Oculus
- Date/Time: 16th Jun, Thu | 7.30pm to 8.30pm (one day before event)
- Venue: SAS Office
- Pre-Briefing to team leaders will start at 7.30pm sharp.
- Date/Time: 17th Jun, Fri | 7.00pm to 9.00pm
- Briefing: 10mins
- Game time: 90mins
There will be 5 rounds of challenge (Team vs Opponent).
- Round 1 to 5 - Each round will be 10mins, followed by the scoring at the end of each round.
- Semi-Finals - Top 4 teams will enter the semi-finals
- Finals - Top 3 winning teams selected
Score tabulation: 10 mins
Winner announcement !!!!
Game format and role:
Team 1 – All team members login via their mobile phones and participate using the unique room code provided.
Team 2 – Assign one individual member to use the Oculus Quest headset and participate using the same unique room code.
Referee – Social committee member will login as referee to facilitate the game scoring.
Challenge start – Team 1 vs Opponent (Team 2 member with the Oculus Quest headset).
Challenge start – Team 2 vs Opponent (Team 1 member with the Oculus Quest headset).
End of Round 1 challenge
Scoring for Round 1 announce.
The same will repeat for Round 2 to Round 5 so each member will get a chance to use the Oculus Quest headset.
*Details of the team vs team assignment, scoring, use of Oculus and game format will be provided at the pre-briefing/briefing session.
Instructions to participants:
- Online Platform used will be Zoom.
- Oculus Quest 2 and mobile phones will be required to play this game.
- Zoom link will be send out to all participants. Participants need to log on to the link for the game briefing, room code and scoring during the game.
- All participants will be added as attendees so they can view the room code and scores.
- Please form a team of 3 pax to maximum of 5 pax (subject to safe management measures).
- Each team to assign a team leader.
Instructions to team leaders:
- Only team leaders are allowed to speak on behalf of the teams during the session.
- Team leaders will be responsible to provide the room code on behalf of the team via Zoom.
- Team leader will be responsible for looking after the communication mode within the team
- Option 1: Gather at a venue (at own costs and discretion subject to restrictions, if gathering in person at that time) and participate together as a team with team members.
- Option 2: Team leader will coordinate with the team members via WhatsApp/teams/google hangout/others mode for discussion. Please note, this mode will not allowed all members to try out the Oculus Quest headset.
- Team leader to provide physical address and mobile number for us to collect the Oculus on 18th Jun (Sat).
Enrolment is strictly on first-come-first served basis and priority given to SAS members.
Cancellation terms and conditions apply.
Hope to see you all there!