Date & Time
All SAS Members
We are pleased to announce that an afternoon Forum will be held jointly by the SAS and the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) on the above subject as follows:
Date: 31 October 2019 (Thursday)
Programme: 3.00pm Registration
3.15pm Keynote Session by Peter Hacker, Cyber Security Expert and Public Speaker
4.15pm Questions and Roundtable Discussion
5.00pm Next Steps
Venue Peach Garden
OCBC Centre, 33rd level (access via West Lobby), 65 Chulia Street, Singapore 049513
This session is aimed at raising cyber awareness within the actuarial community, encouraging discussion and collaboration to address new challenges from this emerging frontier.
The speaker is Mr PETER HACKER, an international cyber security expert, will talk about recent developments in the cyber market globally and in Singapore, and how insurers can better manage their cyber risks including management of silent cyber accumulation. This will be followed by an informal roundtable session for actuaries and participants to discuss and ask questions, covering underwriting to theoretical perspectives, to next steps the industry should take. A brief outline of the silent cyber framework presented at IFoA’s GIRO 2019 conference will be shown during the roundtable discussion.
More details of the talk and the speaker can be found in this link: www.peterhacker.io
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
If you are interested in attending this Forum, simply click on this link to get to the Current Events page of the SAS website:
- Free for SAS/IFoA member
- SAS member : Please log in with your Username and password before signing up for the Forum
- IFoA member: Please indicate your ARN in the additional information box (if you are also a SAS member, please login with your username).
- Full-time university student (may be asked to show their student ID when they turn up)
- SGD 50 for Non- member ($52.15 if paying via PayPal)
- Please pay upon registration
Toh Yun Ying
Education and Career Committee