The Singapore Actuarial Society has prepared this booklet for students interested in pursuing an actuarial career.
A simple definition of what an actuary is or the role he or she plays is never easy. Here are some of the articles available online to shed some light to what exactly is the actuarial profession about. However, most of the articles are from overseas and each talk about their own actuarial education system which may or may not be relevant to prospective students in Singapore.
Here are some of the articles on the internet on this topic:
- An article in the InsuranceSuperMart.com.sg website (Singapore)
- The Actuarial Profession section at Institute of Actuaries, UK
- Article by Macquarie University's Actuarial Studies Department
- The career section for the Canadian Actuarial Society website
- "Overview of the Actuarial Education Program" section at the Institute of Actuaries, Australia
- Be An Actuary - an American website